As the demand for nursery, school, and college places continues to rise, the education sector faces a constant challenge: how to provide high-quality learning spaces that are both flexible and cost-effective.
Modular classrooms are a versatile and sustainable alternative to traditional construction. These modern and adaptable buildings offer an innovative solution to accommodate the ever-growing demand for additional learning space and address educational space shortages.
But how much does a modular classroom cost? This article explores the costs associated with these versatile structures and the value they can bring to your nursery, school, or college.
What is a modular classroom?
A modular classroom is a portable or prefabricated educational structure that provides flexible and efficient learning spaces for colleges, schools and nurseries. These buildings are all built off site, then transported to the required location where they are installed and connected to create a finished build.
What are the benefits of modular classrooms for schools and nurseries?
Quick Construction: Modular classrooms can be constructed faster than traditional brick-and-mortar buildings. This rapid assembly process is especially beneficial when there's an urgent need for additional classroom space.
Cost-Effective: Off-site construction methods mean modular classrooms are much cheaper than traditional ones.
Customisable: Modular classrooms can be tailored to meet specific educational needs. They can include energy-efficient windows, anti-scald taps, and reinforced plasterboard.
Portable: Modular classrooms are designed to be easily relocated if necessary.
Sustainable: Modern modular classrooms are constructed with energy efficiency and sustainability in mind. They can include green building features such as recycled materials, solar panels, and automatic windows.
Temporary or Permanent Use: Modular classrooms can serve as a temporary solution during construction projects or for long-term use as a more permanent addition to a school's infrastructure.
- Reduced Disruption: Since a significant portion of the construction process occurs off-site, there's less on-site disruption to the school environment during installation.
How much does a modular classroom cost?
Every school, nursery, university or college will have varying needs, requirements, preferences, and budgets, so we offer a bespoke solution for each client. Typically, the following factors are considered when pricing a modular classroom:
- Size: How much space is needed, and how many pupils need to be accommodated?
- Additional spaces: Are washrooms, kitchens, meeting rooms or other areas required?
- Internal finishes: Some of our interior finishing options include safety features such as anti-scald taps, door and window fingerguards, and learning-enhancing lighting.
- External finishes: Electronically-controlled roof skylights with automated ventilation management and rain sensors, and a wide choice of finishes such as brick slip, steel clad, and PVC timber effect cladding can be added to create a functional and bespoke learning space.
Modular classrooms effectively accommodate growing student populations, address space shortages, or create temporary learning environments. Find out more about modular classrooms from Springfield here.
Published: Nov 06 2023 in Building Types